Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Quality Time

Last weekend, I had the privilege of going to the N.C. State Fair with 2 friends, Caleb and Yuki! The whole trip had been planned for a while with many other people wanting to come but this is what worked out. It was really amazing to be able to spend time with Yuki. He is an international student from Japan and will be here for the entire school year. Yuki is what I would call a new believer. He believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and has confessed Him as his Savior and it is absolutely amazing to see the Lord work in his life. I first met him at Fall Getaway, he was in the small group that I co-led. God put on my heart though, the need for Yuki to not only feel welcomed and make friends ( he has had no trouble doing that) but to be surrounded by strong believers. It can be a tough thing to totally believe in something new one day and then to devote your life to it. Especially in his shoes because he is in a foreign country and when he gets home he won't be surrounded by believers. The time he has here, I want to make the best of it for him. It just reminds me that God puts people in your life for a reason. He wants us to make genuine friendships with the people around us and to share His love with all. As believers, we need community. We are supposed to do this thing called life with others not alone! We need each others for comfort, support, help, and LOVE! We are all in this together and if you haven't in a while, I suggest you start spending some quality time with the people around you and just let them know that they are a big part of your life! Friends are a blessing, make the best of the time that God gives you!

No comments:

Post a Comment